Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Leah was a jejemon!

September entered the scene without any warning. In just a snap, the "ber" months are here. September...September.

This month reminds me so much of so many things that happened in the past.

My one and only sister passed away 12 years ago. I remember she was already in a coma 12 years ago today. What happened? Cerebral Aneurysm. The kind that hits you when you least expect it. Well, nobody expected my sister to leave us without any warning.

Death in the family may be the most painful thing that could ever happen. No natural calamity can ever be more disastrous than losing a family member.

She was more than a sister to me. She was my idol and my best friend. Other girls may struggle with their relationship with their sister, but it never happened with us. I felt her love for me even after she passed away. I felt her guiding me to make the correct decisions as I go through life. I would often see her in my dreams...just being quiet and watchful. When she was still alive, she would always speak her mind and would always laugh her heart out.

She lived her life to the fullest. She liked to dress up for certain occasions. She would don the craziest hairstyle and not be ashamed of it. There was a time when she got so addicted with the gym that she influenced me into doing the same. She enrolled me at a local gym at the age of 18 or 19. Tsk...I should have listened to her.

She used to like this Japanese telenovela that was being shown in NHK. I assumed that if she were still alive, she would have loved the Koreanovelas that are still coming out in local channels. I used to do Radio 1 back then. There was a song that she liked so much that she had to buy the MTV Alternative Nation CD just so I could play the song during one of my boardworks. It was a song by Live. I have it in my zune but I rarely listen to it.

She used to work for a Japanese company which is probably why she liked anything Japanese! She had a cassette tape full of Japanese songs back then. She would play it over and over. The music kinda grew into me so I came to a point when I started to like the songs.

We both looooooove cats! I remember going to ADB one time and found her work area filled with cat photos. There was even one huuuuuuge cat card displayed on top of her office table. We used to have a black cat. She named her Oughkoie (pronounced as OKOY). I realized just now that my sister may have been the very first jejemon in the planet! I'm sure I made her proud with the way Charlee has grown to be...a big, fat cat!

Ate, wherever you are, please always remember that I love you so much and I miss you every single day! I am now in Podium. If you were still alive, we would have gone shopping almost everyday, or lunch everyday, or coffee everyday.

Well... I know that you're very well aware of the situation I am in right now and I just hope that you guide me to make the best decision always. I'll see you in my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment