Thursday, November 4, 2010

Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

For years, the only skin care regimen I only used was my trusted Pond's moisturizer which they phased out a couple of years ago. I tried other products like Myra, Clean and Clear, and Olay but they made me break-out. I thought that it was just my skin's initial reaction and that it would all be gone after a week...but it didn't! So I stopped using those.
I tried Pond's Whitening line and it was awesome! It did make me look fairer and more flawless. Really! But it was too expensive so I stopped using the entire line after I consumed everything. Good thing about it is that my face didn't have any negative reaction after I stopped using it.
Then I tried the Age Miracle Line late last year. I tried the facial wash, eye cream, and the day and night creams. I did not see any major effect except for the fact that I did not get a lot of pimples when I was using it. But, again, it was too expensive to use the whole line so I stopped after everything got depleted.
After a few days without my moisturizer, my skin felt rough, too tight, and oily. I guess that was my skin's reaction after I stopped using the Age Miracle Line. Until I saw fine lines and roughness all over my skin, that's when I started to panic! I did not care much about having wrinkles until I saw the fine lines under my eyes!!! No!!! I will defy the laws of nature and stop this!!!
I found an age-defying moisturizer by Pond's and started using it. It was ok but my skin still felt dry. I, then, decided that it's time to get the Age Miracle Line again!!! This time I got the serum together with the eye creams and the day and night cream. I guess the serum is the real miracle in the whole line! After a few days of using all creams religiously, my skin felt softer and smoother and even my mom noticed it that she also started using the cream. No, this is not a paid advertisement. This is just my way of sharing how vain I can get.
Then my cousin gave me this gift certificate for an Intensive Diamond Peel at Clarity. Since I live in Cainta, I chose the Clarity in Shangri-la. I have always wanted to get a Diamond Peel but just did not really give it much thought. The place was quite intimidating with the quaint furniture and the hushed voices of the staff. But the people were really friendly especially the girl who did the procedure on my face. She understood that it was my first time to have the procedure and that made me really comfortable. First thing she did was cleanse my face while giving it a gentle and very relaxing massage. Then came the procedure itself.
It was not really painful. It was relaxing, actually. The medical assistant used a pen-like device wired to a machine. The tip of the device is run throughout the entire face by section. It felt like it's scraping the surface and sucking away all the dead skin. It's like a tiny vacuum on my face.
She showed me my skin after she worked on the right side of my face. It looked more matte as compared to the left side which was oily. And it also looked fairer. When I touched my skin, true enough, it did feel as soft as a baby's bottom.
After my free session, I immediately booked for another appointment 2 weeks after, which happened this morning. During the two weeks in between sessions, I felt my skin did not feel as rough as it used to, and it looked softer and clearer. I read somewhere that diamond peel can make the facial products you use become 50% more effective. I guess my Age Miracle Line plus the Diamond Peel is really helping each other to give me the skin I have always wanted. I also noticed the dark spots become lighter. Ah-MAZING!
As I have said, I just had my 2nd session this morning. My skin still feels raw but it is softer and clearer. I can't wait for my next 4 sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment